Scott C. Gyllenborg | Managing Partner
List of practice areas
Criminal Defense(100%); Assault and Battery; Burglary; Capital Offenses; Criminal Appeals; Criminal Investigation; Civil Forfeiture; Criminal Conspiracy; Criminal Forfeiture; Criminal Fraud; Criminal Prosecution; Death Penalty; Drivers License Suspension; Driving While Intoxicated; DUI/DWI; DUI/DWI Felonies; Drug Crimes; Electronic Surveillance; Expungements; Extortion; Extradition; Federal Criminal Law; Felonies; Forgery; Grand Jury Practice; Habeas Corpus; Homicide; Mail Fraud; Manslaughter; Misdemeanors; Murder; Parole and Probation; Post-Conviction Remedies; Search and Seizure; Sexual Assault; Sex Crimes; Theft; Traffic Violations; Vehicular Homicide; Weapons Charges; Wire Fraud; Wiretapping
- 1988, Kansas; U.S. District Court, District of Kansas; U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit; 2005, U.S. Supreme Court; 2006, Missouri; U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- University of Kansas, J.D.
- Johnson County (Member, 1989-present; President-Elect, 2005-06; President, 2006-07; Criminal Law Bench/Bar Committee, Member, 1991-present, Co-Chairman, 2000-06, Vice-Chairman, 2009-present; The BarLetter, Co-Editor, 2005-10, Editor, 2010-present; Membership Committee, Chairman, 2009-present), Kansas City Metropolitan (Sustaining Member; Criminal Law Bench Bar Committee; Federal Court Advocates Section, CLE Committee, 2009; Membership Committee, Co-Chairman, 2010-present); Kansas (Member, 1988-present, Criminal Law Section) and American (Member, 1988-present, Criminal Justice Section: Ethics, Gideon & Professionalism Committee; Litigation Section) Bar Associations; National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers; National Conference of Bar Presidents (Membership Committee); Earl E. O’Connor American Inn of Court (Master of the Inn).
- Assistant District Attorney, Johnson County, Kansas, 1989-91; Director, Olathe Arts Alliance, 1992-94; Trustee, The Barstow School, 1997-2003; Prosecuting Attorney, City of Mission Hills, Kansas, 1996-present; Member, International Mensa and American Mensa, 1976-present; Adjunct Professor of Law in Trial Advocacy, University of Kansas School of Law, 2005-present; Selected to Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, 2005-present; Fellow: Kansas Bar Foundation; Johnson County Bar Foundation.
- State of Kansas v. Maxon, 32 Kan. App. 2d 67, 79 P.3d 202 (2003).